Name:

I'm the wife of a biology grad student working on figuring out where the heck I'm going in life, somewhere between falling on my ass and a "tada" moment right now...

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Brain dump

So seeing Chicago in New York was actually disappointing. I guess the movie ruined it for me. It was definitely a good experience to see a play on Broadway though, so I can't complain there.

School is going well. Most of the joy I'm getting out of this portion of the semester is the realization that we only have a week and a half left to it. It's been great and I've learned a lot, but trying to keep up with it is like trying to take a drink from a firehose.

My mother recently announced to me that while we're home for Christmas, she'd probably have Dick-less over a couple of nights and that I should be "old enough and mature enough to understand that." I called her back and pointed out the fact that I am old enough and mature enough to understand what "sleepover" means. As an already traumatized daughter (See: An Awkward Anal-ysis) I'd prefer to avoid hearing a 60 year old wrinkly man break a hip while trying to play hide the sausage - wait it's probably more like hide the tic-tac - with my mother. Although now that I think about it, it would be satisfying to hear him break a hip as a result of performing such an act. "squeakysqueakysqueakyCRACK OWWWWWWWWW!!!" Karma's a bitch, ain't it? I can only imagine the explanation at the emergency room. That would certainly put a stop to their inconsiderate nookie with me in the house.

Other than avoiding mom-drama, we'll be doing a lot of wedding planning. TJ's mom has found something we could make for bridesmaid gifts and we'll be making those while at his parents', and then we bought some invitations and can start using mom's printer ink to make those while home at my mom's.

Lots to do and little time to do it. Now that I've managed to distract myself away from the comptuer, i'm gonna go wander. Here's where I'll give you the opportunity to come up with things I should talk about in here. Leave comments and we'll see what kinda stuff we can get into!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home