Name:

I'm the wife of a biology grad student working on figuring out where the heck I'm going in life, somewhere between falling on my ass and a "tada" moment right now...

Friday, September 15, 2006

playing musical-airports

I've officially survived through week 3 of school and came out somewhat alive on the other end.
I can't wait for tonight to roll around; I'm heading back to the central time zone for a wedding and to hang out with the 6th north crew. First thing's first, I'm hoping I can make it there all in one piece and that my checked-in luggage follows suit. I cashed in my free flight voucher for this weekend and in order to stay within the $300 range it allowed me, I have to bounce through 3 states in order to get to my final destination. Between Detroit, Minneapolis, and finally Iowa, I pray to God everything runs smoothly. I've never had problems with luggage getting lost before, but I've never played musical-airports like this before either. I also have to get from plane A to plane B in under a half hour at each place. Cue track meet start-gun here. I've scanned the restricted items list and am a little confused as to why I can't bring a pinky finger-sized tube of Carmex, but I'm allowed to sport a 4 inch long screwdriver onto the plane. Really, in their natural, unaltered form, which one's gonna be more of a problem? Like I'm gonna moisten their lips to death or something. I do understand that they're worried I might have stuffed something more dangerous into the pin sized hole of the tube, but this just seems a bit excessive.
Anyway, I leave in about an hour and still have some things to take care of before I go. Please pray to the airline gods for me on this one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home